<< September 2018: Please Note This Site Is Currently Under Re-Construction >>
2019 Voluntary Board Members Wanted
You can also download this advertisement in PDF format by clicking the Download link below (right click on link and 'Save Link as')
Family Routes is a dynamic and growing NI charity.
Our core services include:
- Adoption Routes – Adoption assessment and post-adoption support for families and adults
- Fertility Counselling Service NI – Leading provider of specialist fertility counselling
- Next Step – A support and counselling service for birth families
- TESSA – Therapeutic and education support for adopted children and their adoptive parents
Whether it is counselling a couple in the midst of fertility treatment; providing therapeutic support to a child who has been adopted following traumatic early life experiences; counselling a birth mother whose children have been placed for adoption; supporting adoptive parents who are struggling to parent a traumatised child; or counselling an adopted adult as they search for their birth family – we are there to support, encourage and walk with those we work with.
We have developed expertise in these complex areas over 30 years of supporting people and we know we make a real difference in people’s lives. We are ambitious as an organisation and want to grow our services so that we can support more people.
In order to achieve this, we are seeking to recruit new Directors to the Board.
We are looking for individuals with a background in the public, private, voluntary or community sectors who can contribute to the leadership, oversight and governance of Family Routes as it continues to play a key role in the worlds of fertility and adoption.
We need people with drive, ambition, commitment and a vision who will strengthen the Board’s collective skill set in the following areas:
- Social care experience, particularly children’s or mental health services
- Therapeutic practice – we would particularly invite interest from people with experience in trauma informed practice
- Governance systems and processes
- Business development, entrepreneurship, social enterprise or fundraising
- Financial management experience including but not exclusively PQE Accountancy
- Public Relations, Marketing, Communications
- IT systems and processes
As part of our succession planning over the coming period we are keen to hear from people with experience of chairing committees or Boards. We would also welcome interest from people with fertility or adoption experience, either personally or professionally. In addition, if you are drawn to supporting our work but are unsure of how you might contribute to the Board, please get in touch.
As a Board member you will have the opportunity to:
- Help lead the strategic direction of an ambitious and dynamic charity
- Provide support and scrutiny to the Chief Executive
- Make a difference to children, adults and families in need of support
- Avail of personal and professional development opportunities
- Develop further professional networks
If you are interested in finding out more about the work we do and the role of the Board members we warmly invite you to join us for an Open Evening on Wednesday, 17th October, 5-7 p.m. This will be on a drop-in basis so feel free to come at the time that suits you best.
You can find a map to our office here. Please print and bring this map with you as google maps will take you elsewhere!
Please phone Marie on 028 90736080 to confirm your attendance.
Speak to Someone in Confidence:
If you would like to speak with someone in confidence before submitting an expression of interest, please contact 028 90736080 to arrange a phone call with the Chair.
Expression of Interest:
We invite you to submit an expression of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday, 26th October.
Your expression of interest should be no more than one page long. You should focus on the relevant skills and experience you are offering and what, in particular, attracts you to joining the Family Routes Board.
In addition, please indicate if you would be willing to be considered for the role of Chair and, if so, what relevant skills and experience you would bring to this role.
We will meet with interested people between 5th-12th November to discuss your expression of interest in more detail, and recommendations will be considered at the December 2018 Board meeting.
We anticipate that new members would attend their first Board meeting in January, 2019.
You can find out more information on our websites:
About Adoption Routes
Adoption Routes is a specialist Voluntary Adoption Agency with a Northern Ireland base for service provision. Our main aim is to find families for children who are no longer able to live with their birth families.
Adoption Routes provide a comprehensive advice and support service for all those who are considering adoption or who have a personal link with adoption:
- Adoption Routes is staffed by professional social work personnel
- Adoption Routes has operated as an adoption agency since 1946. Previous names have included The Church of Ireland Moral Welfare Association and the Church of Ireland Adoption Society.
- Adoption Routes operates to a common set of standards along with all adoption agencies operating in Northern Ireland
- Adoption Routes provide a service to people of all beliefs and backgrounds without discrimination
- Adoption Routes has close links with voluntary adoption agencies and statutory social services locally, across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Links are maintained with a range of national bodies including British Agencies for Adoption and Fostering, The Diocesan Adoption Agencies Group and The Consortium of Voluntary Adoption Agencies.
- Adoption Routes is registered with and inspected by the Department of Health, Social Services & Public Safety
- Adoption Routes receives core funding from the Department of Health, Social Services & Public Safety.
- The core work of Adoption Routes is based around domestic adoption and does not involve international adoptions.
Unit 2, 18 Heron Road
Telephone: 028 90736080
Services are Provided on a Confidential Basis
How To Find Us
To view our location map and driving instructions please visit our Contact/Location page
Adoption Routes NI is registered by the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA)
9th Floor Riverside Tower,
Lanyon Place, Belfast,